Policy Statement Background:
The purpose of the following policy and procedures is to describe PMI Northeast Wisconsin's payment policy.
1. All payment requests must be approved by a Board member, typically the Board member who owns the budget line item associated with the payment.
2. Payment requests fall into one of the following categories:
a. For recurring payments, the board member can provide an annual approval and request that vendors send invoices directly to the VP – Finance. The VP – Finance will not require approval of each invoice as long as the total amount paid to the vendor remains within the annual budgeted amount.
b. For individual vendor payments, the board member should send the vendor invoice with their approval to the VP – Finance.
c. For volunteer reimbursement of expenses, the board member should send the expense report with scanned receipts to the VP – Finance.
3. Any vendor who is paid $600 or more during the calendar year will be required to submit a W-9 to the VP – Finance before receiving payment.
- Board: Means the Board of Directors of the PMI - Northeast Wisconsin.
- Vendors may not request payment terms shorter than net 30 days without prior approval from the VP – Finance.
- Any volunteers requesting reimbursement of expenses are required to provide scanned receipts with the expense report.
- All approved payment requests received during a calendar month will be processed within 10 days of the following calendar month. Check requests will be submitted online. The bank will mail the checks directly to the recipients within 5 days of the request.
- Faster processing may be requested on an exception basis by notifying the VP – Finance.