Cancellation and Refund Policy
Policy Statement Background:
The purpose of the following policy and procedures is to describe PMI Northeast Wisconsin's cancellation and refund policy.
1. Directors shall submit a cancellation fee schedule to the Board for approval for all events that charge fees to attendees. These schedules will be submitted and approved prior to event registration.
2. All events with a registration fee over $100.00 should include a cancellation administration fee that at least covers our online / credit card processing fees for that cancelled registration. This fee should be publicized in our refund policy for that event.
3. Once a cancellation fee schedule has been approved by the Board, like events, with the same fee structure, need not be re-approved.
4. Substitutions to a PMI event will be allowed as long as the person substituting is eligible for the same price as the person they are taking the place of.
5. Special circumstances will be considered if the request is submitted in writing to the VP – Programs for PMI NEW.
6. If extenuating circumstances exist that prevent someone from attending an event, they can send a request in writing for appeal to the Board in writing within 30 days after the event.
7. PMI-NEW will send a refund check within 30 days after the event less appropriate cancellation fee.
8. Participants who are not members of the chapter when they register for an event will not receive a refund for the difference between the member and non-member price even if they subsequently register as members of the chapter.
9. Any person who has questions regarding the refund policy of PMI NEW is encouraged to contact the VP - Finance for further explanation.
- Board: Means the Board of Directors of the PMI - Northeast Wisconsin.
Pre-registering for monthly program meetings provides several benefits for both the member and PMI NEW. By pre-registering, PMI NEW has a more accurate head-count for meal preparation and table set-up. We can provide quicker on-site registration and automatically submit PDU credit to PMI® for certified members.
If unforeseen circumstances result in a pre-registered attendee being unable to attend the program meeting, the registrant is encouraged to cancel at least 48 hours prior to the event by sending an email to the VP - Programs. The registrant will receive a "paid" credit to a future program meeting within one calendar year of the cancellation. The registrant should contact the VP – Programs when using this credit to register. If the registrant does not cancel within 48 hours of the event, no credit or refund will be issued. A pre-paid registrant can send a substitute in his/her place. The substitute can receive a PDU credit if requested. The registrant will not receive a PDU credit if they do not attend the event
If unforeseen circumstances result in a pre-registered attendee being unable to attend the educational event, the registrant is encouraged to cancel at least 7 days prior to the start of the event. If cancellation is received 7 days or more prior to the event, they will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. If cancellation is received between 7 and 3 days prior to the event, they will receive a 50% refund. If cancellation is received less than 3 days prior, no refund will be issued. A pre-paid registrant can send a substitute in his/her place. The substitute can receive a PDU credit if requested. The registrant will not receive a PDU credit if they do not attend the event.
PMI NEW may cancel events at its discretion. If this occurs, participants will receive full refunds.